Altered Art Collage'


Take a little bit of this and a little bit of that ~ what do ya get? An Altered Art Collage'! I started this project right before school began, on a muggy August day, then got busy with preparing to go back to work. I put it aside to finish when things slowed down and I could get back to it.

The photo above captures the true colors with actual depth, layering and sheen of the work. Keep in mind that the water was collage using different colors of tissue paper. I employed one of my favorite photo transfer techniques for two vintage photos used and the actual boat scene was a torn up print that I decoupaged into this. The background was paint, my own handwriting and tissue paper, too. The key was to layer, layer, layer! I love the way it turned out. With collage, there are no mistakes ~ you can always "fix" them.

Perhaps I will be able to offer a workshop on all of the techniques I used in this piece, someday. Let me know how you like it!

1 comments:

  • Rosemary | September 26, 2009 5:52 PM

    I love this, I can't get the photo to pop up so I can see it a little larger - but it is incredible what I see in the smaller photo.

    What a beautiful piece! I would gladly sign up to take a class on this with you!