Shawl Collar Baby Sweater...Finished!


When I saw this shawl collared baby sweater, I KNEW I had to make one for my little grandbaby-boy, due to arrive in a few months. Its a Debbie Bliss Pattern that is available for FREE on Ravelry. What a fun and easy knit....I love the way the stockinette stitch curls on the sleeves and bottom, with the wide ribbing to finish the front. It was really hard for me not to add a 2x2 ribbing at the sleeve edge and bottom of the sweater, but the curled up edges add to the charm. The super huge button was a personal choice. ( It snaps, the button is sewn on top.)


I used Bernat Baby Coordinates in the Soft Blue color. I also chose to use size 8 (US) needles for the entire sweater, as the pattern called for size 7 for the ribbing. All in all, it was a very enjoyable knit. My only wish would be that it was available in adult sizes! Can't wait to see the little fella wearing it.... :>D

0 comments: