Ready for Fall... A Pumpkin Hat

I must admit, I'm ready for Fall. After the long, hot summmer, Autumn brings the promise of cooler days and crispy evening temperatures. For his first trip to the local Pumpkin Patch next month, I made my little grandson this cute crocheted pumpkin hat. It fits him perfectly and he loves the bright orange color!

I used Peanutz Mom's pattern, only I used a "G" sized hook instead of an "H". I thought the larger hook would render a hat too large and I was correct. The G hook was perfect for him. This is a "very do-able in an afternoon" project, so maybe you'll get inspired to bring out your hooks and yarn to make a little one in your life a Pumpkin Hat, too... Enjoy!

1 comments:

  • Jana | September 24, 2011 5:17 PM

    Oh my goodness but that is one adorable model. Those cheeks are too kissable. That hat is really cute. I'll have to check that pattern out.